Johnny Depp has topped a new poll of celebrities fans would most like to spend the holidays with.
The Pirates of the Caribbean star has been named the dream Christmas dinner guest by more than 1,000 movie fans in a poll conducted by Britain’s Sky Movies HD Christmas Channel.
The Hollywood hunk saw off competition from fellow actors including George Clooney and Tom Hanks, who finished second and third respectively.
Love Actually star Emma Thompson was the top British nominee and highest-ranked actress at number four, while Friends favourite Jennifer Aniston was a popular pick in fifth place.
Ian Lewis, director of Sky Movies, says, “The guys led at the top of the league and while Hanks and Clooney would both undoubtedly light up anyone’s Christmas, Depp was the clear winner for U.K. film fans. He is this year’s ultimate Christmas cracker.”
The 10 most popular festive guests are as follows:
1. Johnny Depp
2. George Clooney
3. Tom Hanks
4. Emma Thompson
5. Jennifer Aniston
6. Julia Roberts
7. Simon Pegg
8. Hugh Grant
9. Cameron Diaz
10. Jim Carrey.
Johnny is on the cover of another magazine this month. This time we’re talking about GQ Magazine December issue which has a multiple page feature for Johnny. Scans and article are bellow:
- [x011] Scans in 2011 – December: GQ Magazine
At 48, Johnny Depp shouldn’t make any sense. The punk kid turned blockbuster box-office pirate; the heartthrob who longed for (and achieved) indie credibility; Hollywood’s most bankable enigma. This month, with the release of Hunter S Thompson’s The Rum Diary, the actor is on a personal crusade to honour the gonzo legend – and all the insanity he stood for. GQ finds a man unchanged by the weight of global fame: Johnny Depp, just as we like him, straight, no chaser. Buy the ticket, take the ride…
Those terrible 40 seconds would have moved even the most sceptical man to prayer, but Johnny Depp, remembering the trauma, responds with a deep, sonorous laugh.
I mention how film director Bruce Robinson, who was sitting next to Depp when their private jet lost power to all systems over the Pacific, had told me that the actor reacted with similar amusement at the time, contemplating what might have been the last scene in an extraordinary life.
“There was a moment when I thought: Jesus Christ, we’ve had it,” Depp tells me. “We were on a recce for The Rum Diary in Mexico. And the plane just shuts down. Big time. All the lights go out.” He can’t stop himself from laughing again. “Then we go into a strange, uncontrolled descent. I looked at Bruce and said: ‘Is this it?’ And then we both burst out laughing, as we were plunging to what seemed to be our deaths. It felt so f***ing ludicrous it was hysterical. And so we lost it. Laughing our asses off as the plane was going down.”
“Everything kicked back in. We made it through.”
Johnny covers Aspen Peak Winter 2011/Spring 2012 issue. Scans can be found in the gallery (credit: Theresa@JDZ) and you can also check the article from their official website bellow:
- [x008] Scans in 2011 - Winter: Aspen Peak
Douglas Brinkley gives an exclusive glimpse into the making of The Rum Diary and unveils a mentorship documented in Johnny’s own tattoos.
When Johnny Depp strapped on his strat guitar at the Hiro Ballroom in New York City on October 25, the midnight crowd roared. Cell phone cameras were lifted like candles at a vigil; people wanted proof that they saw the real Captain Jack Sparrow, Mad Hatter, Willy Wonka, and Edward Scissorhands, to show off to friends.
Just a few hours earlier Depp had attended the premiere of his hijinks film The Rum Diary—in which he plays the young Hunter S. Thompson in late 1950s-early 1960s Puerto Rico—at the Museum of Modern Art. The movie is based on the debut novel of Thompson in his pre-Gonzo days. Depp was set to jam with a group of his favorite all-star musicians, when suddenly Keith Richards hopped on stage. Depp grinned and the two launched into Jazz Gillum’s expansive “Key to the Highway.” Undergirded with a slow-tempo beat, the Richards-Depp deep-muddy blues session began. Bringing the Rolling Stones guitarist on stage was all part of Depp’s ongoing mission to honor the legacy of Gonzo journalism’s high priest.
Vanity Fair has made a list to creative figures—stars, directors, producers—and to the money they earn from films. Johnny Depp is #2 with $100 Million of earnings.
2. Johnny Depp
ACTOR (United Talent Agency)
ESTIMATED 2010 EARNINGS: $100 MILLION (2009 rank: 21)
- $40 million: Alice in Wonderland (back-end for starring in Tim Burton film, based on worldwide gross of $1.02 billion)
- $35 million: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (up-front money for starring in next installment of Jerry Bruckheimer’s waterlogged but ludicrously profitable franchise)
- $20 million: The Tourist (fee for co-starring in one of the year’s bigger flops alongside Angelina Jolie)
- $5 million: Older film revenue
Click HERE for the full list.
Empire just did a list with the 100 sexiest movie stars and, of course, Depp is listed. I give you a candy if you guess what’s his position.
Click here the screen of Empire’s page with Depp’s sexiest qualifications::
MTV.com did a funny article about Twilight, if it was made in 80′s. They was guessing who actor will fit in every character and guess what? Johnny was casted as… Jacob Black:
Other casted characters were River Phoenix as Edward, Ally Sheedy as Bella, Molly Ringwald as Alice, Kiefer Sutherland as Emmett, Matt Dillon as Jasper and Elisabeth Shue as Rosalie.
You can read the full article here.
Story by Chelsea ‘Dee’ Doyle
The problem with an actor like Johnny Depp is finding movies in his history that aren’t fantastic. Then you have to consider the movies that aren’t that good, but that he was great in anyway (which covers basically everything else).
The truth is, this Kentucky-born actor is one of the best in his or anyone’s generation, and he also is an accomplished producer, director, screenwriter, and yes, even has quite a set of singing pipes. Good thing he’s just so unattractive or he might just be the perfect Hollywood hunk … oh wait. He’s gorgeous. Damn you, Johnny Depp!
The usually tight-lipped actor has revealed he partied so hard in the 90s to try and deal with his meteoric ascent to superstardom.
Depp – who was engaged to hard-partying model Kate Moss and was friends with wild Oasis rockers Liam and Noel Gallagher during the decade – is quoted as saying: “I never wanted to be the guy people looked at. I felt I could only be myself when I was alone, that I turned into some kind of novelty. The only way I could get through that time was to drink.”
“I poisoned myself with alcohol for years but I’ve never been into drugs in the way it was sometimes made out.”
Despite a string of critically-acclaimed film performances and three Academy Award nominations, Depp admits he is still insecure about his acting abilities.
He said: “I don’t think of myself as being a celebrity, it’s too mortifying. I have a hard time watching myself on screen and it’s getting worse. I can’t tell whether my work is good or not.”
As the Dec. 9 DVD release of “The Dark Knight” approaches, fans have casting picks for director Christopher Nolan should he create another Batman film. According to a survey conducted by Blockbuster Inc., movie fans are hoping to see Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie play starring roles. The villains that fans would most like to see Batman take on are The Riddler and The Joker’s therapist turned girlfriend Harley Quinn.
“Both Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie are actors who can bring a Batman villain to life in the complex, realistic style that have made Nolan’s films so popular,” said Keith Leopard, director of film product for Blockbuster Inc. “It would be exciting to see what they could do with The Riddler’s compulsive clue-giving and Harley Quinn’s transformation from brilliant therapist to psychotic criminal.”
See the full list here.
Johnny Depp used to be a bit of a bad boy (well more like a very bad boy), some of his movies were not big hits (aka flops) and he’s been known to have gotten down and dirty with a few Hollywood starlets. However, the 45-year-old actor has tamed his wild ways, settled down with the love of his life, Vanessa Paradis, made two beautiful children with Vanessa – Lily Rose, 9, and son Jack, 6 – and his career is definitely hot (so is he). Here are 10 things that you may not know about the Pirates of the Caribbean swashbuckler:
From The Post showbiz:
1. Johnny was born the youngest of four children and moved from Kentucky to Florida when he was five. He says: “Before I was 15, we moved 30 times, once just from one house to the house next door. I asked my mom why. I never did understand her explanation.”
2. Johnny was a bit of a rebel as a youngster. He took up smoking at 12, lost his virginity at 13 and was soon dabbling in drugs and booze. He was also suspended from school for mooning a teacher before dropping out at 16 to join garage band The Kids.
3. Johnny played lead slide guitar on Oasis track ‘Fade In-Out’ when the band’s own guitarist was three sheets to the wind. Legend has it he stepped in at the last minute and nailed the lead on one take.
4. Johnny dated a string of beauties including Kate Moss and Winona Ryder but says he is prone to ruining his relationships with jealous rages. He tells us: “Oh boy. Oh f***. I was a professional at it. Oh, the scenarios I dreamed up. Oh f***. Oh. I mean, world-class.”
5. What first attracted Johnny to sultry singer Vanessa Paradis? The sight of her back! He spotted her in the lobby of a Parisian hotel seven years ago and recalls: “Whammo, man, across the room, amazing, incredible, awesome. The back, the back, I saw the back, and I was reduced to [mush].”
6. Johnny has such a close relationship with Tim Burton that he would have sex with an aardvark if the director demanded it.
7. Jack Sparrow’s line in Pirates of the Caribbean “…and then they made me their chief,” is lifted from comedy series The Fast Show, in which Johnny once famously appeared. “I think it’s one of the most brilliant things I’ve ever seen in any medium,” he gushes.
8. How excited was Johnny with his Oscar nominations for Finding Neverland and Pirates Of The Caribbean? Um… not very. He attended the ceremony after his Pirates nod, but moaned: “All Vanessa and I could think of was: ‘When and where can we go smoke?’ And: ‘Where can we get a drink?’ And: ‘When is it over?’ And: ‘Please, don’t let me win’.”
9. Johnny likes to avoid the press by checking into hotels using ridiculous names. He says: “I used to use the name Mr. Stench; it was funny to be in a posh hotel and hear a very proper concierge call out, ‘Mr. Stench, please’.” He has also used Emma Roid but denies reports that he stayed at any establishment under the name ‘Donkey Penis’.
10. Johnny dared What’s Eating Gilbert Grape co- star Leonardo DiCaprio to sniff a rancid pickled egg and paid him $500 when he did the deed.
I’m not sure if he’ll want to share all of the juicy details of his past life with his kids as they get older but with the monster that is the internets, he might have a hard time denying such things!