The trailer for the highly-anticipated movie musical version of Into the Woods has just been released! Johnny plays the Wolf, and we get a glimpse of him in this teaser trailer. The film will hit theaters on Christmas day.
The first still of Johnny as The Wolf from the upcoming musical version of Into The Woods has been released and added to our gallery:
Disney’s set a December 25, 2014 release date. The official synopsis for those who haven’t seen the musical on stage:
“Into the Woods is a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel–all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch who has put a curse on them.”
In addition to announcing the new song and the start of production, Disney also provided this detailed list on the cast and the characters they’ll be portraying in Into the Woods:
· Emily Blunt is the Baker’s Wife, a childless woman who longs to be a mother.
· James Corden plays the role of the Baker, a hard-working man who desperately wants to start a family.
· Anna Kendrick fills the shoes of Cinderella, who finds herself on a journey of self-discovery.
· Chris Pine portrays Cinderella’s Prince, charming and impossibly handsome, who is on an endless quest to find his bride.
· Johnny Depp steps in as the Wolf, who sets his sights on Little Red Riding Hood.
· Lilla Crawford makes her feature-film debut as Little Red Riding Hood, a smart and spunky girl who journeys into the woods, finding unexpected adventures along the way.
· Daniel Huttlestone lands the role of Jack, an absentminded and adventurous boy who trades his treasured cow for five magic beans.
· Tracey Ullman joins the cast as Jack’s Mother, a poor and exasperated mom who is overwhelmed, yet fiercely protective of her son.
· Christine Baranski takes on the infamous Stepmother who wishes for riches and grandeur; she’ll do anything to marry off one of her daughters to a prince.
· MacKenzie Mauzy plays Rapunzel, a sheltered young woman who experiences the world beyond her tower for the first time.
· Billy Magnussen is the dashing and eager Prince who courts Rapunzel.
Supporting roles will be played by Tammy Blanchard and Lucy Punch as Cinderella’s spoiled stepsisters, Richard Glover as the Princes’ royal steward, Frances de la Tour is the giant, Simon Russell Beale as the Baker’s father, Joanna Riding is Cinderella’s late mother, and Annette Crosbie is Little Red Riding Hood’s beloved granny.