I just came across a new still of “Dark Shadows” with Johnny and Eva Green:
- [x001] Movies: Dark Shadows - Production Stills
One of several in a series of posters promoting the Tim Burton Expo at La Cinematheque Francaise features Johnny Depp as Barnabas in the “Dark Shadows” movie. The official expo description:
The Tim Burton event at La Cinémathèque française is not only a wonderful opportunity to see all of his films (including very limited-distribution short films) but also, thanks to the major exhibition designed by the New York MoMA in 2009 and shown here this spring, an opportunity to discover Burton’s talents as a draftsman, painter, video director, photographer and inventor of colorful, amazing sculptures.
You can find more info at the official site here.
- [x002] Movies: Dark Shadows - Film Posters
Tribute Entertainment is organizing a “Rum Diary” DVD/Blu-Ray giveaway (thanks to Soriyya for informing us). Unfortunately this is only for people in Canada, so if you live over there you can take a look and try win a free copy here.
I’ve been a terrible webmaster lately and I’m really sorry. I just wasn’t feel like working on the site. Although Johnny is my all-time favorite actor I sometimes don’t feel motivated enough to update the site. Well luckily Johnny wasn’t too busy while I wasn’t around so it was easy to catch up with the latest photos for the gallery.
The only public appearance during this time was in 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards where Johnny presenting Hugo. Other than that there were some new stills of “Dark Shadows”. Along with these I uploaded an old photoshoot of Johnny back in 1998 and decided to work a bit on the photoshoots section of our gallery. The previous webmisses Annie and Luciana did an amazing job collection and uploading photoshoots of Johnny but I think it would be better to organize them by date so I’ll slowly work on it along with the other updates.
For now enjoy the new pics in our gallery (credit our partner depplovers for some photos of Johnny at Golden Globe Awards):
- [x029] Appearances in 2012 - January 15th: 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards – Show
- [x007] Photoshoots in 1998 - Session01
- [x002] Movies: Dark Shadows - Production Stills
- [x001] Movies: Dark Shadows - Film Posters
Next year, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will bring The Rum Diary to Blu-ray. Directed by Bruce Robinson (Withnail and I), this adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson’s early novel stars Johnny Depp (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) as Paul Kemp, a journalist working for a newspaper in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
While Kemp is initially content with plunging into San Juan’s debauched underworld for his own amusement, he finds his moral compass tested when he becomes involved with a corrupt American businessman (Aaron Eckhart, The Dark Knight) and his beautiful young fiancée (Amber Heard, Drive Angry).
Sony’s Blu-ray presents the film in its 1.85:1 aspect ratio with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. The disc also contains a number of bonus features, including:
Two behind-the-scenes featurettes:
- A Voice Made of Ink and Rage: Inside The Rum Diary
- The Rum Diary Back-Story
The Rum Diary streets on February 14th, 2012.
I found some new stills with Johnny as Paul Kemp in “The Rum Diary” and also updated the ones we already have with HQ untagged versions!
I filled the gallery with tons of photos from the past couple of months, most of them in HQ! Be sure to check them all and enjoy your favorite man:
- [x068] Appearances in 2011 – October 13th: “The Rum Diary” Photocall
- [x410] Appearances in 2011 – October 25th: “The Rum Diary” New York Premiere
- [x005] Appearances in 2011 – October 25th: “The Rum Diary” New York Premiere – Afterparty
- [x063] Appearances in 2011 – October 26th: Arriving at Letterman show
- [x012] Appearances in 2011 – November 3rd: Graham Norton Show
- [x313] Appearances in 2011 – November 3rd: “The Rum Diary” London Premiere
- [x011] Appearances in 2011 – November 3rd: “The Rum Diary” London Premiere – Afterparty
- [x026] Appearances in 2011 – November 5th: Arriving at the Oxford Union
- [x176] Appearances in 2011 – November 8th: “Rhum Express” Paris Photocall
- [x162] Appearances in 2011 – November 8th: “Rhum Express” Paris Premiere
I updated the gallery with all the latest events Johnny attended the past couple of days. Also stay tunned cause really soon we’ll update the site with a brand new design!
- [x261] Appearances in 2011 – October 13th: “The Rum Diary” Los Angeles Premiere
- [x019] Appearances in 2011 – October 13th: “The Rum Diary” Photocall
- [x045] Appearances in 2011 – October 17th: At UC Berkeleys Wheeler Auditorium
- [x012] Appearances in 2011 – October 21st: Austin FF – Extraordinary Contribution to Film Award
- [x101] Appearances in 2011 – October 21st: Austin Film Festival – “Ther Rum Diary” Screening
- [x029] Appearances in 2011 – October 22nd: Continental Club in Austin
- [x012] Appearances in 2011 – October 22nd: “The Rum Diary” Chicago Screening
Yesterday was the world premiere of “The Rum Diary”! Johnny was there of course giving some autographs to his crazy fans (oh I wish I was there too). I updated the gallery with some photos and also added some pics of the day before when Johnny posed during the official “Rum Diary” press junket.
- [x013] Appearances in 2011 - October 12th: “The Rum Diary” press junket in Los Angeles
- [x058] Appearances in 2011 - October 13th: “The Rum Diary” Los Angeles Premiere
New character profiles have been released for Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows. Seth Grahame-Smith, who wrote the screenplay, has spoken about writing the film adaptation of the 1960′s cult television series and gave character descriptions of the main characters.
Barnabas Collins (Johnny Depp) – He was an 18th century gentleman, a businessman just before the Revolutionary War, who was transformed against his will into a vampire and buried in a tomb for two centuries. After he finally emerges, uncovered by construction workers in the year 1972, he seeks out his descendants — as well as some long-ago foes and a possible lost love.
“He’s been alive this whole time and very hungry, with no idea what’s going on outside,” says screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith (author of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which Burton is producing as a film.)
Barnabas is one vampire who is just as frightened of our times as we are of him, says producer Richard D. Zanuck: “Two-hundred years later, he’s suddenly walking into the town he saw being built and seeing girls in skirts, cars for the first time. It’s a man-out-of-time, supernatural horror story, but I put ‘horror’ in quotes.”
Despite his confusion, he’s still a ladies man. “In some sense he can be a terrifying killer; on the other hand, women have a weakness for him and he has a weakness for women,” Grahame-Smith says. “He can be a very well-mannered, well-meaning vampire most of the time, until his stomach is empty or someone challenges his beloved Collins family.”
Rest of the characters can be found under the cut.