Visit our gallery, and enjoy the
largest image archive dedicated to Johnny with more than 30,000 photos.
Welcome to JDW, one of the largest and oldest fansites dedicated to academy award nominated actor Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp is, for sure, one of the lead name in the world's movie industry, recognized for his talent and charisma. Working as an actor since the 80's, he has a dedicated and passionated fanbase around the world. We're here to celebrate Johnny's life and career, and give fans a place to find the latest news regarding Johnny, as so media, images and more.
Johnny Depp used to be a bit of a bad boy (well more like a very bad boy), some of his movies were not big hits (aka flops) and he’s been known to have gotten down and dirty with a few Hollywood starlets. However, the 45-year-old actor has tamed his wild ways, settled down with the love of his life, Vanessa Paradis, made two beautiful children with Vanessa – Lily Rose, 9, and son Jack, 6 – and his career is definitely hot (so is he). Here are 10 things that you may not know about the Pirates of the Caribbean swashbuckler:
1. Johnny was born the youngest of four children and moved from Kentucky to Florida when he was five. He says: “Before I was 15, we moved 30 times, once just from one house to the house next door. I asked my mom why. I never did understand her explanation.”
2. Johnny was a bit of a rebel as a youngster. He took up smoking at 12, lost his virginity at 13 and was soon dabbling in drugs and booze. He was also suspended from school for mooning a teacher before dropping out at 16 to join garage band The Kids.
3. Johnny played lead slide guitar on Oasis track ‘Fade In-Out’ when the band’s own guitarist was three sheets to the wind. Legend has it he stepped in at the last minute and nailed the lead on one take.
4. Johnny dated a string of beauties including Kate Moss and Winona Ryder but says he is prone to ruining his relationships with jealous rages. He tells us: “Oh boy. Oh f***. I was a professional at it. Oh, the scenarios I dreamed up. Oh f***. Oh. I mean, world-class.”
5. What first attracted Johnny to sultry singer Vanessa Paradis? The sight of her back! He spotted her in the lobby of a Parisian hotel seven years ago and recalls: “Whammo, man, across the room, amazing, incredible, awesome. The back, the back, I saw the back, and I was reduced to [mush].”
6. Johnny has such a close relationship with Tim Burton that he would have sex with an aardvark if the director demanded it.
7. Jack Sparrow’s line in Pirates of the Caribbean “…and then they made me their chief,” is lifted from comedy series The Fast Show, in which Johnny once famously appeared. “I think it’s one of the most brilliant things I’ve ever seen in any medium,” he gushes.
8. How excited was Johnny with his Oscar nominations for Finding Neverland and Pirates Of The Caribbean? Um… not very. He attended the ceremony after his Pirates nod, but moaned: “All Vanessa and I could think of was: ‘When and where can we go smoke?’ And: ‘Where can we get a drink?’ And: ‘When is it over?’ And: ‘Please, don’t let me win’.”
9. Johnny likes to avoid the press by checking into hotels using ridiculous names. He says: “I used to use the name Mr. Stench; it was funny to be in a posh hotel and hear a very proper concierge call out, ‘Mr. Stench, please’.” He has also used Emma Roid but denies reports that he stayed at any establishment under the name ‘Donkey Penis’.
10. Johnny dared What’s Eating Gilbert Grape co- star Leonardo DiCaprio to sniff a rancid pickled egg and paid him $500 when he did the deed.
I’m not sure if he’ll want to share all of the juicy details of his past life with his kids as they get older but with the monster that is the internets, he might have a hard time denying such things!
This was posted in our comments, by Mysi, about a day they met Johnny at St Anne during Public Enemies shooting. I’m posting here because I really wanted to you all read it.
I found out that morning that Johnny was supposed to be in St. Anne, and by 8:45 I was dressed (somewhat… clothes on inside out, but it’s not as if I was going to shag the man) and children loaded in the car. By 10 am, we had already saw him, and the kids were hyped! I sent them to a nearby friends house while I roasted like an idiot in the sun for hours holding our spot. Throughout the day, I spoke with his security people and they were all very nice, and honest about the likelyhood of meeting him at some point. In the evening, when they were done shooting, my son Leviathan asked one of the men, Danny if I remember right, when he was going to meet Willy Wonka. Danny told him that Johnny need to clean up and change. My son got so-ooo excited and started telling all the kids that Johnny is going to go change…… INTO A PIRATE!!!!! I didn’t want a crowd of disappointed youngin’s so I went around trying to explain. My son sat down in front of me pouting, waiting for Johnny to come out. About then, my six year old daughter tells me he doesn’t want to meet all of us “not famous” people, we should just leave. He then made his appearance, seemingly dropped out from the sky somewhere and started shaking hands with all of us. I, sunburnt as all get out (holding back the notion to show Johnny my sunburnt chest that had a big sun design burnt into it because of the silly shirt I had on and exclaiming “I’m burning for you, cry baby”) he shook my hand and I could say absolutely nothing. My daughter said hello, and he continued down the line…. CRAP I forgot Leviathan was sitting down…. I said “Levi, honey, stand up, your gonna miss him” and Johnny heard me, turned around and came back to shake Levi’s hand and thank him for coming. HE MADE OUR SUMMER, we have so much to talk about from that day, and my friends, so much to laugh about looking at my goofy-ass sun burn for three weeks. Thanks for all you do, Johnny… wish I could have a drink with you and B.S. for awhile. You are truely a brilliant, talented, gifted person that has brought much enjoyment to my life. You are appreciated.
Entertainment Weekly has confirmed: Johnny will play the Mad Hatter in Tim Burtin’s 3D Version of Alice in Wonderland. It is not known yet whether it will be live-action or animated but if it is animated Johnny will
provide the voice.
After playing a pirate in “Pirates of the Caribbean” series, versatile Hollywood actor Johnny Depp is set to play the Mad Hatter in the film version of “Alice in Wonderland”. Thesun.co.uk reports the movie will be shot in 3D and Depp teams up with his friend and collaborator, director Tim Burton. The two have worked together on six movies.
A source said: “Burton has had designs on ‘Alice In Wonderland’ since before he was famous. He has a knack for turning what seem like stories for just kids into gripping, spooky fables loved just as much by adults. He’s held out on doing ‘Alice’ till he got a big enough budget. Now this film is financed by Disney so money won’t be a problem.”
Unknown actress Mia Wasikowska will play Alice. Production will start next year and the release is planned for the summer of 2010.
Director Terry Gilliam, now in post-production on THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS, Heath Ledger’s final film, was interviewed recently at the Ischia Film Festival. Gilliam had high praise for Ledger, calling him “a genius.” He also complimented the three actors–Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell–who stepped in to complete Ledger’s role in PARNASSUS after his untimely death last January:
TERRY GILLIAM: The great thing about it is that when Heath died, and we have a character that wasn’t finished in the movie, those three actors [Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell] came along and saved the day. And so the character is now basically four actors creating one character. And that’s . . . it’s very interesting, and maybe even more interesting than it would have been with one actor going all the way through. I’m still not the best judge, because I have in my head what the film was going to be with Heath all the way through, and now there’s a different film there. But all I know is, it’s very funny.
Gilliam sounded proud of his film and genuinely awed by the generosity of the actors who came forward to save the picture and ensure its completion. Despite their high profiles, Depp, Law, and Farrell took no compensation for their work; instead, they donated their salaries to Heath Ledger’s two-year-old daughter, Matilda:
TERRY GILLIAM: The three actors were totally heroic coming in. This doesn’t happen very often . . . where there’s a tragedy like this, and very famous, very successful actors suddenly say, “Okay, we’ll do whatever it takes to help.” They came; they did the work; they allowed the movie to be finished; they didn’t take money–the money goes to Heath’s daughter. That’s extraordinary! And wonderful . . . and when you’re part of that, you think, “Ah, this is maybe why I went into the movies, in the beginning. I thought it would be full of wonderful people. And in our case, we’ve got a movie full of wonderful people, who did extraordinary things to help.
Thanks to The Zone and FANtasticJD for the heads up; you can hear the full inteview HERE; click on the button that says “Interviews” in the upper right, and then select “Interview Terry Gilliam.”
Johnny Depp didn’t make any Public Enemies at the wrap party for his upcoming flick.
Unlike his pilfering Jack Sparrow, the real-life J.D. was all generosity when it came to showing the Public Enemies cast and crew a good time at Chicago’s Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse. The 45-year-old star hosted a 50-person party and covered each and every head, a source tells OK!.
“Johnny’s a true class act,” a source tells OK!. “He picked up the tab and left a great tip!”
Such magnanimity isn’t new for Johnny. Last month, he kept his word to a 12-year-old fan and sent a fedora he wore in Public Enemies to the young boy when production wrapped. Also in the package? Gifts for the boy’s siblings and a personal note.
All graphics and original content belong to JohnnyDeppWeb.com. Other images and text belong to their respective owners. No copyright infringment intended. This is an unofficial website - we have no official affiliation with Mr. Depp or his management.