Fans hoping for a glimpse of one of Hollywood’s most desirable men in Plymouth look like they will be disappointed.
Ever since the announcement some weeks ago that scenes from the new Disney film Alice in Wonderland would be filmed at Antony House near Torpoint, it’s been heavily rumoured that Johnny Depp would star in it – and arrive here for filming.
For the number of security guards at Antony House one could be forgiven for thinking a Hollywood A-lister had come to town… but sadly we’ve got news for you.
The cinema industry and the general public do not understand Terry Gilliam. He’s not known also for his luck and the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnasssus followed this wave since Heath – the main character – died in half of the movie recordings. This time, however, it seems that Gilliam managed to turn over, putting Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell as substitutes for the actor, since the film is magic.
But Parnassus still doesn’t at least have a distributor and appearing the money is ending, since Gilliam needed to launch a quite different teaser…. In the video, that you check below, the film director recalls their great works and he presents the new film through beautiful conceptual arts, the actors’ images with their models and some preliminary animations in wireframe. It is practically a commercial for somebody to be seen is interested in joining in the production.
To view the movie, click on the image below. You’ll be redirected, and will need Quicktime.
Los Angeles – Johnny Depp will play a villain in the next Batman film.
The actor was linked to the role of The Riddler earlier this year and now one of the superhero franchise’s stars Sir Michael Caine has confirmed both Johnny and Philip Seymour Hoffman will appear.
“I was with a Warner Bros executive and I said, ‘Are we going to make another one?’ They said, ‘Yeah’,” said Michael – who played Bruce Wayne’s butler Alfred Pennyworth in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
“I said, ‘How the hell are we going to top Heath Ledger as The Joker? And he says, ‘I’ll tell you how you top Heath – Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.’ I said, ‘Shit, they’ve done it again!’ ” he continued.
Johnny recently described the prospect of playing The Riddler as “fun”.
“I heard about that. It seems like it’d be a fun gig for a while, yeah,” he said.
Work is expected to begin on the next movie, starring Christian Bale as Batman, some time next year. – Bang Showbiz.com
According to part-time-poet, posted at The Zone:
It’s not a “false report,” because Michael Caine did make the comments, but it’s false in the sense that it’s something said tongue-in-cheek that is being taken seriously. Michael Caine is joking around with the reporter, but he has a very deadpan wit, and–as is often the case with Johnny–something he said as a joke gets picked up and reported seriously in the press. (Think of all the press conferences JD has had with Tim Burton where they joke about what their next movie together will be, and those joke-projects get reported as real possibilities.)
This is not any kind of confirmation of the Riddler casting from Michael Caine; it’s quite the opposite. It’s another indication that the rumor should not be taken seriously, but some people reporting the story missed the point.
Ahhh, if any of you know anything about the films on Pirates of the Caribbean director Gore Verbinski’s plate you may have assumed that headline to mean Johnny Depp would be re-teaming with his Pirates helmer for Bioshock based on the best-selling Take-Two videogame. Sorry, that’s not it…
Instead Verbinski and Depp will teaming on Paramount’s CG animated effort Rango, which is set for a March 2011 release.
The script was penned by Aviator scripter John Logan. Depp will voice the title character, a household pet that goes on an adventure to discover its true self.
Surprisingly, Variety says Rango will be Paramount’s most ambitious star-driven entry into animation, which makes me wonder where Beowulf fits into the scheme of things.
Like Beowulf, Rango will be a motion-capture film and Verbinski was quoted saying the film will use cutting-edge animation techniques that “will allow us to capture and translate every aspect of Johnny’s performance, using it to drive the computer-generated character in a way that has yet to be seen in an animated feature.”
Depp’s work on the film begins in January.
Johnny Depp used to be a bit of a bad boy (well more like a very bad boy), some of his movies were not big hits (aka flops) and he’s been known to have gotten down and dirty with a few Hollywood starlets. However, the 45-year-old actor has tamed his wild ways, settled down with the love of his life, Vanessa Paradis, made two beautiful children with Vanessa – Lily Rose, 9, and son Jack, 6 – and his career is definitely hot (so is he). Here are 10 things that you may not know about the Pirates of the Caribbean swashbuckler:
From The Post showbiz:
1. Johnny was born the youngest of four children and moved from Kentucky to Florida when he was five. He says: “Before I was 15, we moved 30 times, once just from one house to the house next door. I asked my mom why. I never did understand her explanation.”
2. Johnny was a bit of a rebel as a youngster. He took up smoking at 12, lost his virginity at 13 and was soon dabbling in drugs and booze. He was also suspended from school for mooning a teacher before dropping out at 16 to join garage band The Kids.
3. Johnny played lead slide guitar on Oasis track ‘Fade In-Out’ when the band’s own guitarist was three sheets to the wind. Legend has it he stepped in at the last minute and nailed the lead on one take.
4. Johnny dated a string of beauties including Kate Moss and Winona Ryder but says he is prone to ruining his relationships with jealous rages. He tells us: “Oh boy. Oh f***. I was a professional at it. Oh, the scenarios I dreamed up. Oh f***. Oh. I mean, world-class.”
5. What first attracted Johnny to sultry singer Vanessa Paradis? The sight of her back! He spotted her in the lobby of a Parisian hotel seven years ago and recalls: “Whammo, man, across the room, amazing, incredible, awesome. The back, the back, I saw the back, and I was reduced to [mush].”
6. Johnny has such a close relationship with Tim Burton that he would have sex with an aardvark if the director demanded it.
7. Jack Sparrow’s line in Pirates of the Caribbean “…and then they made me their chief,” is lifted from comedy series The Fast Show, in which Johnny once famously appeared. “I think it’s one of the most brilliant things I’ve ever seen in any medium,” he gushes.
8. How excited was Johnny with his Oscar nominations for Finding Neverland and Pirates Of The Caribbean? Um… not very. He attended the ceremony after his Pirates nod, but moaned: “All Vanessa and I could think of was: ‘When and where can we go smoke?’ And: ‘Where can we get a drink?’ And: ‘When is it over?’ And: ‘Please, don’t let me win’.”
9. Johnny likes to avoid the press by checking into hotels using ridiculous names. He says: “I used to use the name Mr. Stench; it was funny to be in a posh hotel and hear a very proper concierge call out, ‘Mr. Stench, please’.” He has also used Emma Roid but denies reports that he stayed at any establishment under the name ‘Donkey Penis’.
10. Johnny dared What’s Eating Gilbert Grape co- star Leonardo DiCaprio to sniff a rancid pickled egg and paid him $500 when he did the deed.
I’m not sure if he’ll want to share all of the juicy details of his past life with his kids as they get older but with the monster that is the internets, he might have a hard time denying such things!
First of all, sorry for my lack of posts, my arm isn’t helping at all.
Yesterday was the day, and Johnny made a concert with The Kids at Club Cinema.
I found some HQ pictures and added to the gallery.
This was posted in our comments, by Mysi, about a day they met Johnny at St Anne during Public Enemies shooting. I’m posting here because I really wanted to you all read it.
I found out that morning that Johnny was supposed to be in St. Anne, and by 8:45 I was dressed (somewhat… clothes on inside out, but it’s not as if I was going to shag the man) and children loaded in the car. By 10 am, we had already saw him, and the kids were hyped! I sent them to a nearby friends house while I roasted like an idiot in the sun for hours holding our spot. Throughout the day, I spoke with his security people and they were all very nice, and honest about the likelyhood of meeting him at some point. In the evening, when they were done shooting, my son Leviathan asked one of the men, Danny if I remember right, when he was going to meet Willy Wonka. Danny told him that Johnny need to clean up and change. My son got so-ooo excited and started telling all the kids that Johnny is going to go change…… INTO A PIRATE!!!!! I didn’t want a crowd of disappointed youngin’s so I went around trying to explain. My son sat down in front of me pouting, waiting for Johnny to come out. About then, my six year old daughter tells me he doesn’t want to meet all of us “not famous” people, we should just leave. He then made his appearance, seemingly dropped out from the sky somewhere and started shaking hands with all of us. I, sunburnt as all get out (holding back the notion to show Johnny my sunburnt chest that had a big sun design burnt into it because of the silly shirt I had on and exclaiming “I’m burning for you, cry baby”) he shook my hand and I could say absolutely nothing. My daughter said hello, and he continued down the line…. CRAP I forgot Leviathan was sitting down…. I said “Levi, honey, stand up, your gonna miss him” and Johnny heard me, turned around and came back to shake Levi’s hand and thank him for coming. HE MADE OUR SUMMER, we have so much to talk about from that day, and my friends, so much to laugh about looking at my goofy-ass sun burn for three weeks. Thanks for all you do, Johnny… wish I could have a drink with you and B.S. for awhile. You are truely a brilliant, talented, gifted person that has brought much enjoyment to my life. You are appreciated.
Johnny is nominated at the UK’s National Movie Awards in the following categories:
• Performance – Male (Johnny Depp)
• Musical (Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street)
We have until August 17th to vote, so get your votes in here now! The ceremony itself will be shown on ITV1 in September.
Entertainment Weekly has confirmed: Johnny will play the Mad Hatter in Tim Burtin’s 3D Version of Alice in Wonderland. It is not known yet whether it will be live-action or animated but if it is animated Johnny will
provide the voice.
After playing a pirate in “Pirates of the Caribbean” series, versatile Hollywood actor Johnny Depp is set to play the Mad Hatter in the film version of “Alice in Wonderland”. Thesun.co.uk reports the movie will be shot in 3D and Depp teams up with his friend and collaborator, director Tim Burton. The two have worked together on six movies.
A source said: “Burton has had designs on ‘Alice In Wonderland’ since before he was famous. He has a knack for turning what seem like stories for just kids into gripping, spooky fables loved just as much by adults. He’s held out on doing ‘Alice’ till he got a big enough budget. Now this film is financed by Disney so money won’t be a problem.”
Unknown actress Mia Wasikowska will play Alice. Production will start next year and the release is planned for the summer of 2010.